When we wanted to have cod for a weeknight dinner a quick Bing search took me to this recipe on the Food Network's site www.foodnetwork.com .
• 1 lb Yukon gold potatoes, thinly sliced
• 1 9-ounce box frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
• 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives sliced in half (have a look at how these match up with the amount of potato slices you have. I used closer to 1 cup of the olives.)
• 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves
• 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
• Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
• 4 6-ounce cod fillets
• Juice of 1/2 lemon. Cut the other half into wedges for serving
Cover a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. (If your artichokes a straight out of the freezer, spread them on the baking sheet and put them in the oven during this time for about 5 minutes.)
Gently toss the potato slices, artichokes, olives, rosemary, 2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper in a large bowl.
Spread the mixture evenly on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
Bake until the vegetables are tender and lightly browned, about 20-25 minutes.
Meanwhile brush the fish with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with 1 teaspoon salt and a few grinds of black pepper.
When the veggies are just beginning to get brown, remove the baking sheet from the oven.
Gently pace the fish on top of the vegetables.
Return to the oven and continue baking until the fish is opaque and the vegetables are golden brown, about 10-12 minutes.
Drizzle the fish with the lemon juice and the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Sprinkle with the parsley and serve with lemon wedges.